Mental Capacity Assessors
Due to expansion, we are looking for Mental Capacity Assessors to join our team all over the UK.
We are one of the UK’s largest providers of mental capacity assessments to the legal profession and we are looking to recruit to our highly regarded and established team of assessors.
Given the nature of this position it would be suitable for a Registered Mental Health Nurse, Registered General Nurse, Speech & Language Therapist or Social Worker for example, who wants a more flexible working day or to earn additional income without giving up a substantive post.
As a Mental Capacity Assessor, you must:
- Be a qualified health or social care professional
- Be registered with a relevant professional body for your profession (e.g. HCPC registered)
- Be experienced with the Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Hold a full UK Driving License and be willing to travel
- Have good IT knowledge and access to Microsoft Word and Adobe
The ideal Mental Capacity Assessor will have:
- Specialist practice and clinical knowledge e.g. mental health illnesses, learning disabilities, brain injuries
- Have experience working with people with communication difficulties
- Have knowledge of relevant case law relating to the assessment of mental capacity
- Broad knowledge and understanding of different client groups
This position will provide training and support as well as full Professional Indemnity Cover.
You will be required to assess and certify individuals’ capacity, or lack thereof, in line with MCA (2005) guidance and appropriate case law. Where necessary you may also be required to provide a written report of the assessment.
All successful candidates will need to be fully trained in both the application of the MCA in a legal setting and in appropriate case law. We will also provide assessors with examples and templates of reports and assessments. Ideally, we like all our assessors to have a minimum of 3 years experience completing mental capacity assessments.
If you feel you have the right skills and are interested in joining our growing team please email a copy of your CV through to us at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you